[Gnumed-devel] Re: Slightly modified logon gui

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Slightly modified logon gui
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:51:49 +0200

Hi,

Richard Terry schrieb:
> I've quickly changed a little of the code to keep everything on the one
> screen. As discussed I've removed the option button and put back the other
> necessary options onto the front screen. I'll post the code to you
> separately. If you want someone else to fix the bits I've mentioned below if
> you are busy, just pass it on.

The reason why I wrapped all those fields behind a 'options' button was
to have a cleaner, easier login dialog and keep the details accessible
only for those who really care. I don't believe that normal users will
change these options that often. If at all, there will probably
something like a) work database b) backup c) local DB d) ???. I would
suggest presenting just one field to chose from and not two independent
parameters that can be combined at will. The user would then choose one
setting whose details might be set either by the admin before or be
adjustable by some further options dialog.

> 'save password', so that at bootup the focus sits on the Ok button, that way
> after booting up a simple enter will start gnuMed loading instead of the
> current need for a number of clicks/typing.
>From a security point of view this is equivalent to not have a password
at all.
This conflicts with the whole concept of storing information
who-changed-what at the backend side.
The very idea of remembering passwords (e.g. in a web browser) works
only if you did login with password *before*.

Hilmar