Re: [Gnumed-devel] Slightly modified logon gui

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Slightly modified logon gui
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 17:38:39 +1000

Remembering passwords is an interesting thing.

The way I look at it is as follows.

One boots up the machine in the morning - sitting in front of it and needs a
password to access it. Once in the gui - and once gnuMed is running - if you
leave the room you should (or it automatically should), password lock the
gnuMed gui, so that no-one can access it.

I did expect wails of displeasure from that comment (and note I made no
attempt to put in the checkbox). However at least during the prolonged
development phase I think we should put it in because one is often
running/stopping/running etc. It can easily be removed in a production
version.

As for the other emails mentioning that the option button should still be
there, I disagree because a) the extra amount of space taken up by the other
combo's is minimal and it doesn't disturb the look of the gui.

I agree that mouse/keyboard/mouse sucks big time.

Regards

Richard