[Gnumed-devel] gmDemographics Question de vs au requirments

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] gmDemographics Question de vs au requirments
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:51:33 +1000

Having given it alot of thought over the weekend, I've sat down today in
between patients and have fairly well re-designed rather honed the design of
gmDemographics to make it look good as well as functional.

It strikes me that there will always be some differences in different
countries data input requirements, so I want to ask a couple of questions and
make a couple of proposals.

1) Name/Salutation/Surname/Sex/Title/Street (multi-line textbox)
        - I can't see much variation in requirementss here
2) Birthdate/Marital Status/Country of birth/next of kin
textbox/relationship/search database button
        - I can't see much variation in requirments here
3) Contact numbers:Home phone/work phone/fax/mobile/email/web
        - I can't see much variation here
4) Photo - aquire/import/export/delete
        - I can't see much variation here

5) Record Save - will operate from save button on tool bar above window
PROBABLY COUNTRY DIFFERENCES
1) The suburb/state/postcode thingy:

In AU we need Suburb/State/Postcode as separate boxes (Why - because for
arguments sake one may need to find all patient in state NSW, with surname
starting with S (We can use the demographic screen also for data-searches)

Now Germany may/will/?please tell me have different requirments for textboxes
here - What are they??

2) Country specific numbers  eg Au- medicare etc.

Now with regards to gui-design we can incorporate this quite simply either by
a table in the backend saying what the field requirements for suburb etc are
per country

of (and I'd vote for this initially) use simple case statement for this part
of the gui:

eg Case AU of
        >use def's for AU
             DE of
      > use defs for DE

etc.

Comments please. I'll try and finish the gui-design this week and post it
ASAP.

I also want to get the validating of data-input fields in place. I've talked
to syan about this and asked if he would help here.

I assume Ian will continue to do the linking to the backend.

Regards

Richard