Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmDemographics Question de vs au requirments

From: Elizabeth Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmDemographics Question de vs au requirments
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:04:46 +1000

On Thursday 29 July 2004 22:24, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Ah ! This is getting interesting. It seems you don't use the
> name of the "township" at all ? In my thinking a "township"
> consists of several suburbs. We hardly use the suburb name
> except in informal situations (eg. "Where in Leipzig do you
> life ? - Well, in Sellerhausen, how about you? - Me? In
> Mockau.").

Griffith is the township, the name of the central part of the township, and
the name of the shire.
So, when speaking with someone from far away (horst) I live in Griffith.
Speaking with someone who lives in Griffith I live in Beelbangera - but not in
the village itself - as we are 3.5km from the village.
The surgery is in Griffith, the central part of the township.....
The separate parts of the town are used like Mockau and Sellerhausen, but the
villages are geographically separate from the town and used in the address,
which is where we  started.
Liz

--
Any given program will expand to fill available memory.