Re: [Gnumed-devel] existing deployment (was demographics editor)

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] existing deployment (was demographics editor)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:13:49 +0200

On Sunday 12 September 2004 23:04, J Busser wrote:
> At 5:54 PM +0200 9/12/04, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> >  > No-one will using gnuMEd in a production sense for some time as
> >
> >far as I can tell.
> >I don't understand why you keep ignoring existing deployment.
>
> Perhaps worth us listing any deployments (even if they are limited).
> AFAIK the only current deployment is the Hilberts' use of current
> gnumed 0.0x to hold lab data. Are there any other deployments? A few
> months ago, Tim has corresponded to the list about what he would need
> to support (real case?) lab data, I have no idea whether he has been
> working away on anything worth reporting.
>
> If Karsten/Sebastian or anyone else wants to reply with a few details
> about whatever is their "existing deployment" I was thinking to link
> this info to the wiki page "Development Planner & To Do Tracker"
Ok. Some bits for the curious. First. I am back. This means I am finally done
with my finals. I will be off to Brazil to go kitesurfing but I will have a
laptop with me to do some work ( besides Gnumed ).

I have added some information about the document archive to the Wiki.
What we have deployed is really simple.
1.) Need for deployment : Too many paper documents in one patient's folder
Exeeded physical capacity. We started by digitizing newly arriving paper
documents. As of now we have found someone who is capable of scanning in all
documents one by one.
2.) goal : reduce paper in patient's folders to a minimum
3.) howto: use the document archive solution within Gnumed (needs some setup
but can be done) or use the three individual programs standalone.
See Wiki for detail of workflow.
4.) benefit as of now : no new paper hits the folders. Newly arrived documents
are available at all PCs. This has been reported to lower the numer of
missing documents plus maing it easy to reproduce/fax, whatever.
This *is* a usecase and has been used without hassle for some time (2years or
so - I don't remember ) It started well before Gnumed integration.

Many features might be missing but none of the features are essential to our
deployment. It's up to your usecase to add features you need.