Re: address@hidden: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP input key behaviour design quest

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: address@hidden: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP input key behaviour design question]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:59:42 +1100

> What would you want me to put there for now: go to
> next/previous widget or do nothing ?

If you can programatically do it, incorporate the down-arrow across STC's and
see what happens.

> We would still have the popup lists. Eg. after 300ms of
> inactivity the list for the current term would pop up (just as
> in the phrasewheel). Alternatively we could assign, say,
> <CTRL-TAB> to force immediate appearance of the list.

Personally I'd preferr a single key to force a pop up list. We will find in
practice that alot of this needs fine-tuning after we start using it.

> Note that keyword popups (eg those that do not show a list for
> selection but rather pop up an edit area relevant to the
> current term (eg the keyword) are intended to appear
> instantaneously without the 300ms delay. Is that OK ?

Probably, but I think we will have to try these in practice and see.

Regards

richard