Re: [Gnumed-devel] soap notes development

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] soap notes development
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:33:26 +0100

> As  much as I've been left out of the loop with these I think I should be
> included from the functionality-gui link point of view. So please keep me
> infomed even if you don't want to cluttter up the list.
Quick rundown:

- we've looked at the backend: soap notes have a place to be stored
- we've taught the middleware how to safely access the tables
- we've decided on writing a simple notebook plugin *for 0.1*

The latter:

- is a whole-page notebook plugin
- has a list of patient problems on the right
- problems are episodes + issues
- double-clicking a patient problem opens an editor for a new
  progress note on that problem on the left
- if a clicked problem is an issue an episode creator is shown
- there can be several progress note editors on the left (the
  multisash approach from the wxPython examples is used)
- they resize with use
  (Ian's resizingSTC code is used here)
- they can save to the backend
- we have not fully decided on how to implement *editing of
  existing* progress notes yet
  (we have ideas, though)

Most parts of this can be reused in another design - it need
not be an ugly notebook plugin.

I do realize that this may be backwards in functionality - eg,
really one would want to be able to *first* enter notes and
*then* decide on which problem they belong to.

Carlos has done much of the heavy lifting with me reviewing.

Please ask for clarification if need be.