[Gnumed-devel] Soap notes -RT comments.

From: Richard Terry
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Soap notes -RT comments.
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:29:34 +1100

> Most parts of this can be reused in another design - it need
> not be an ugly notebook plugin.

I noticed that!

> I do realize that this may be backwards in functionality - eg,
> really one would want to be able to *first* enter notes and
> *then* decide on which problem they belong to.

Why not start as it is meant to function.

ie: use the active problem list (as you try) to add an empty SOAP control
which is then saved back as another progress note episode. I assume you are
doing something like that.

Why try and define an episode before you allow the user to add a soap note -
we don't do that on the page. Simply label all new notes as udnefined, and
then enforce linkage to either an existing problem list or to the definition
of another problem.

I also seem to remember as recent statement in a mail saying something akin to
'we havn't decided how to edit progress notes  yet' - the answer is really
simple  you don't - progress notes are just that 'progress notes', they are
added sequentially to a running total. They are not meant to be re-edited in
the SOAP editor in any circumstance other than in the current consultation.
After committing they become part of the html generated pages.

Finally as I've posted to Carlos, why don't we start of with a proper
integerated design now, it is no extra effort - it is just yet another wigit
combination, but one that makes more sense.

Regards

Richard