[Gnumed-devel] Re: Fwd: GNUmed - python/postgresql developer

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Fwd: GNUmed - python/postgresql developer
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:33:41 -0700

At 11:48 PM +0200 9/11/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
OK, now here for the possible projects:
(Jim, this is a heads-up for the mini-projects page)
wxPython 2.6
------------
unit testing
------------
merge widget
------------
search EMR

I have added the projects above to the mini-projects page.
        http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/MiniProjects

A few questions arising:

1. I know we offer to people to pick their poison. But if they are choosing between more than one option, it might be helpful to provide some ides of what would be more helpful first. So if anyone cared to email me a copy of the text simply copy/pasted from the MiniProjects page, re-ordering into a suggested priority, I can take care of the wiki edits.

2. On the RoadMap page
        http://salaam.homeunix.com/twiki/bin/view/Gnumed/RoadMap
        given that 0.1 is now released, would I be correct to delete
        "Version 0.1 is also likely to have" and redesignate everything below it as 0.1?

3. ToDos - karsten has referred to these a number of times on this developer's list, I am not sure if they were always in regard to items already on the RoadMap and whether the toDos got captured by addition onto the RoadMap page under the corresponding item, or whether these are being maintained elsewhere, or whether in some cases they pertain to areas *not* on the RoadMap. Also I wondered whether any of the mini-projects intersect the RoadMap. Lastly we have bug reports or "issues" evident from 0.1 some of which I am advised have had fixes committed but I am not sure which ones. We do have bug-tracking at Savannah but I am mot savvy about "strategy" of using that tool i.e. whether there are items that should not be put there on account of their nature or on account of cluttering up that database over time. So some thoughts on this could be helpful.