[Gnumed-devel] Re: releaseTodo (was roadmap tidying)

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: releaseTodo (was roadmap tidying)
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:26:02 -0700

At 3:13 PM +0200 9/14/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
 >     * state : collect interested countries from
 users to add them in sql files; add default state
 for every country (?)
users did not respond, default state still missing

Ahh... have you assigned one for Germany? For Canada, we can set "BC" :-)

but in terms of how this default will work, will it assert itself only at startup (i.e. at first use within client session) or will it be asserted for *every* patient created from that installation?

I am thinking that in case someone from anywhere else in Canada should install GNUmed, once they override a state default, is it useful to simply have this value "remembered" and continue to be the value offered for subsequent patients, until it is either changed or the client is shut down? (maybe it would mean this would have to be kept in memory or a local temporary file? Do we use local temporary files and do we have a method to be sure to purge them, for security/privacy reasons?