Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.1 on Windows XP

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.1 on Windows XP
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:58:28 -0700

Performance from Canada connecting to Salaam (Spain)
- Start > Programs > GNUmed  to log-in screen ~ 5 seconds
- log-in screen to progress thermometer of plug-ins loading ~ 15-20 seconds
- plug-in loading to display of main GNUmed screen "no patient selected"
~ 5-10 seconds
- search "kirk" to display of "Capt. James Tiberius Kirk" ~ 20 seconds
- click Patient Details tab --> display of details in ~ 2 seconds
- click "EMR tree" tab --> display in ~ 83 seconds (coffee time)
- click "Progress Notes" tab --> display in ~ 35 seconds
- click "EMR Journal" tab --> display in ~ 3 seconds
- click "Setup" tab --> display in ~ 4 seconds

I noticed in the log that it "retrieved the EMR" in 15 seconds yet it took 83 seconds to display. Is that because of the amount of work done by the code to post-process the information before it can be displayed in the desired form? Is this something Jonas could help with?

Upon login the "manual" tab is blank of contents. Is that because it depends on being "clicked" before it will refresh? It does so after I load a patient and then click back on manual. Is there a way to trigger GNUmed to 'auto-click" whatever is the first plug-in which I assume will always be the tab that is "open" upon loading GNUmed?

Sorry I forgot an answer (if there was one) but upon logging in I cannot click any other tab (not even Setup) until a patient is loaded. Do plug-ins by default require a patient to be loaded, and shall we have a way to "unbind" those plug-ins that may not require any patient to be loaded?

Immediately when I clicked "EMR tree" I could do nothing else. Maybe that is by design, is it intended that I not be allowed to click to Patient Details or any other Patient-related tabs while the fetching and rendering of EMR tree data is occurring?

re my earlier complaint about the left side of the EMR tree showing
"nothing". This happened again, not every time, but sometimes, and it
happened after I had already activated Kirk and had already brought up
(after 83 seconds) the EMR tree displayed below. What I noticed a couple
of times was that after clicking Progress Notes, and then coming back to
EMR tree, there was no content in the left pane i.e. "Capt James
Tiberius Kirk EMR" down through "ttt" were entirely missing and there
was nothign there but white space, while the right pane continued to
show "Summary ======= Allergy: Penicillin, developed urticaria...
During one such occasion, the left half did refresh unprompted after
more than a minute. On another occasion it didn't though I can't recall
if that time the right pane (Summary) info was missing as well. That log
is contained at bottom.

C:\Program Files\GNUmed-client\bitmaps>set PYTHONPATH=..\;

C:\Program Files\GNUmed-client\bitmaps>set
PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C
:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Odbc\FILEMA~1;c:\\Python23

C:\Program Files\GNUmed-client\bitmaps>REM set LANG=de_DE

C:\Program Files\GNUmed-client\bitmaps>cd c:\

C:\>cd PROGRA~1

C:\PROGRA~1>cd GNUmed-client

C:\PROGRA~1\GNUmed-client>python ./bin/gnumed.py
--conf-file=C:\PROGRA~1\GNUmed-
client\gm-0_1.conf --debug
log file is [C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\.gnumed\gnumed.log]
GNUmed startup: Activating verbose log level for debugging.
GNUmed startup: Determining GNUmed base directory ...
- environment variable GNUMED_DIR not set
  (only necessary if nothing else works, though)
- standard path [/usr/share/gnumed/] not accessible
- seems like we are running from an arbitrary
  directory (like a CVS tree or on Windows), namely:
  [./bin/gnumed.py] -> [C:\PROGRA~1\GNUmed-client]
GNUmed startup: Determining GNUmed resource directory ...
- standard resource path [\usr\share\gnumed\] not accessible
- seems like we are running from an arbitrary
  directory (like a CVS tree or on Windows)
gmManual: class cNotebookPluginOld used, please convert
[ERROR]
(c:\Python23\lib\site-packages\Gnumed\pycommon\gmCfg.py:__get_conf_name@
862): cannot find config file in any of the standard paths
[ERROR]
(c:\Python23\lib\site-packages\Gnumed\pycommon\gmCfg.py:__get_conf_name@
862): cannot find config file in any of the standard paths
[ERROR]
(c:\Python23\lib\site-packages\Gnumed\pycommon\gmCfg.py:__get_conf_name@
862): cannot find config file in any of the standard paths
[ERROR]
(c:\Python23\lib\site-packages\Gnumed\pycommon\gmCfg.py:__get_conf_name@
862): cannot find config file in any of the standard paths
[ERROR]
(c:\Python23\lib\site-packages\Gnumed\pycommon\gmCfg.py:__get_conf_name@
862): cannot find config file in any of the standard paths
retrieved EMR in 15.094 seconds
re-populating notebook with data - nothing to do, really...