Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - some thoughts

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed - some thoughts
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 18:07:42 +0100

On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 11:09:42AM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> It isn't clear to me that either project needs to be "chosen" over
> the other, although to spread the available energy across both would
> slow net progress.
Both true.

> However, given OpenTAPAS is open source, should we be attentive to
> whether it can be helped,
yes

> for example suggesting & helping (if they
> want/need) with pgautodoc & other tools & approaches?
They seem to be well structured already.

> And if we identify that OpenTAPAS becomes usable to meet doctors'
> (even just some doctors' needs) earlier or more suitably than GNUmed,
> should we look to help that to happen?
I am not initially interested in making things happen for
other doctors. I want to make things happen for me. But I am
willing to work with anyone who wants to make GNUmed happen
for them. Even if that means things will be done differently
than I would have done them for myself alone. Because I
think it will benefit me, eventually, too.

> But the larger purpose is to instill open source software into
> clinical practice.
Not mine, not really. However, I am fine with it happening
through my helping.