[Gnumed-devel] demographics gnumed to oscar

From: Syan Tan
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] demographics gnumed to oscar
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 16:05:19 +0800

currently , I am using a gnumed demographic view that uses pk_identity for the

demographic_no, which is  a primary key in oscar demographic table.

I was thinking that as long oscar was initialized with a high enough primary key start number,

it could coexist with the gnumed demographics, so there's no messing around with oscar side

external id tables or columns for pk_identity.  Otherwise, there is a demographiccust table with cust4 field,

maybe use a cust5 field for gnumed pk_identity. The simplest is to do would be to make sure oscar demographic_no

occupy a different number range to pk_identity. The idea eventually is to check returned appointment search identities,

and if they do not exist in the oscar demographic table, then they are simply inserted. This might enable

billing eventually, if someone can explain whether provider_no is important, as I notice the billing page doesn't

dropdown any providers for billing at the moment ;  maybe a gnumed side external_id_type for oscar providers;

gnumed isn't incorporating the idea of one responsible provider per patient yet, is it ?