Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics gnumed to oscar

From: Syan Tan
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics gnumed to oscar
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 19:18:56 +0800

it's a little bit fussy; so the search list produces demographic_numbers that are actually

gnumed pk_identity numbers. WHen the user selects the demographic by clicking the number,

the idea is to see if a gnumed oscar number doesn't exist for that pk_identity in an lnk_2external_id entry

in gnumed. If it doesn't exist, then an insert is made into the oscar demographic key

without a provider_number, and hopefully there is a mysql sequencer that will generate the

oscar number. the last generated oscar number then needs to be retrieved,

and inserted into the gnumed lnk_2_external_id as the oscar number against the pk_identity number

which is the old demographic_no. Then the demographic_no is swapped with the oscar_number

and display processing continues.

later , when linking to to the encounter button is done, the demographic number looks up the

lnk_2external_id for oscar number types, for the gnumed pk_identity, and this is used by

xmlrpc to activate that identity.

Is that the agreed method ?

On Tue Jul 4 13:04 , Karsten Hilbert sent:

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 03:17:13AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> >I was thinking that as long oscar was initialized with a high
> >enough primary key start number,
Down that road peril lies. Attaching meaning to a
supposed-to-be-meaningless number.

> >it could coexist with the gnumed demographics, so there's no
> >messing around with oscar side
> >external id tables or columns for pk_identity.
Not sure where this would be needed. If GNUmed piggybacks on
OSCAR it better (I think) not make OSCAR remember GNUmed state.

I think you might be referring to the case where GNUmed is
the "master demographics provider". I would then still do it this way:

- have demographics be input into GNUmed
- make GNUmed drive OSCAR and auto-add GNUmed demographics
into OSCAR tables (may be needed to use billing)
- take the OSCAR generated patient ID and attach it to the
demographics stored in GNUmed

IOW, a little going back and forth.

> I am missing something... if you were wanting to drive demographics
> from GNUmed then why could GNUmed not write its dem.identity.pk into
> the Oscar demographic table?
It might be that OSCAR makes certain assumptions about the
ID. It shouldn't but perhaps it does.

> Or were you taking the view that someone
> may have already been running Oscar
A reasonable assumption IMO. But perhaps not feasible ?

E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD 4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346