Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics gnumed to oscar

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] demographics gnumed to oscar
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 11:55:35 -0700

Quoting Syan Tan <address@hidden>:

> ... and hopefully there is a mysql sequencer that will generate
> theoscar number.

Part of me hates to ask the question on account of local considerations
(billing) but the other part of me figures I may as well ask, so here goes:

If oscar were implemented in postgres rather than mysql would that
significantly, or only minimally, simplify the interoperability?

I understand that Oscar *has* been implemented using postgres by people in
Brazil for whom the internationalization (and maybe other features) was
important. But I don't know how up to date is the oscar cvs maintained for its
postgres scripts and in Canada anywy it seems there are many fewer people
available comfortable with postgres than mysql. But that is not a reason to not
use postgres if it is better to do so.