[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed download & installation problems

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed download & installation problems
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:16:47 -0700

Hi Guys

Boy, have I been having an unhappy time!

1. http://www.localhost1.de/knoppix/MEDICA_KANOTIX.ISO is now a link farm. I cannot find the iso, just a bunch of "sponsored links" and then on the left page navbar for "Related searches" where, if you click "Gnumed", gives "Sponsored listings for Gnumed".

2. I tried both the (Windows) Portable apps with the GnumedPortableClient, and also tried the regular clients under Windows (both 2.6.x and, after uninstalling 2.6.x from the Start... menu, the 2.7.x)... the regular clients after having installed the "prerequisites" from the conveniently downloadable bundle.

... in all cases (Portable + regular 2.6.x + 2.7.x) I get only a flash of a screen. Then nothing. I can try another machine later but I am not optimistic.

... I will try getting Debian 4.0 Etch installed as a vm on my Mac (under Parallels) but will first have to sort out some issues with the Debian vm in one case having trouble establishing network connectivity and in another case failing apt-get install on account of insisting that I provide a CD by a name to which I cannot find any reference on any Debian site and which I am not sure ought to be necessary. I would not have thought it a /sources problem because the same vm was able to run apt-get update, unless it is a difference between what Debian needs and where Debian looks, when it is a package missing from the base Debian installation.