Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed download & installation problems (Macintosh Ti

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed download & installation problems (Macintosh Tiger)
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 00:05:17 +0200

On Freitag 28 September 2007, J Busser wrote:
> On Sep 28, 2007, at 2:14 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > Simply do
> > cd client/
> > ./gm-from-cvs.sh
> > That really *should* work to some degree.
> >
> :-)
>
> A *bit* of progress... but despite having installed from the package
>       egenix_mx_base-2.0.6-py2.4-macosx10.4.mpkg
>
> I get the following... the log file is further appended... would it
> be explained if my OS is, by default, running Python 2.3x instead of
> 2.4x? My path is
>
>       iMac:~/Desktop/GNUmed-0.2.7.0/client jb$ echo $PATH
>       /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin

I solved this by installing all packages as told on the Wiki and then simply
replacing the system's python with the users's python.

Nothing for a beginner but you can manage that. In a few days I might actually
find the time to check how I did that. The one bis I remeber is that
different versions exist in different location. waht out for folders namen
pythonframework in a folder called /library or something like that

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany