Re: [Gnumed-devel] unhandled exceptions EMR_MedicalHx_, GNUmed_IFAP, Off

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] unhandled exceptions EMR_MedicalHx_, GNUmed_IFAP, Office_Appts
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:38:02 +0100

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 03:39:32PM -0800, James Busser wrote:

> On 13-Jan-08, at 1:06 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 12:43:27PM -0800, James Busser wrote:
>>> Except even on my local database, when I added past history items with
>>> the
>>> EMR tree selected, it did not refresh after a minute. When I clicked
>>> Progress notes the item was immediately there, and when I clicked back on
>>> EMR tree it was there. But it appears something extra is required (at
>>> least
>>> on mac) to refresh the screen. Does that make sense and does it appear
>>> correct, and not on Windows or Linux?
>> Oh that, OK, sorry. That is still true and being worked on
>> (even on Windows/Linux).
>
> Then I do not understand what was possible in your "fun" post about
> database change awareness (recopied below) ... how is this change awareness
> manifest? If the user must somehow signal the backend that the user wishes
> their information refreshed, does it make GNUmed currently no different
> than any other EMR?

The user must (as of today) only signal a redisplay wish in
certain areas of the client which we haven't yet converted
to the auto-refreshing behaviour.

The "fun" I described applies to demographics information -
which already IS being refreshed automatically. Documents
would be another area which already refreshes itself. Add a
document here, see it there.

The real fun comes about when there's changes by people
unaware of each other looking at the same patient. A very
very rare situation in daily practice but fun to see.