Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of test results handling
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:09:22 +0200

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 10:45:12AM -0700, James Busser wrote:

> part of the results, but this is not necessarily always true, I suspect
> some use * and ** to denote mild vs more marked abnormalities.

I have seen !-, --, !, +, ++, !+

> For patients who do have a chronic abnormality (like the above, or
> macroamylasemia, or even chronic renal failure with ... say... a
> creatinine of 400) using the target range to set a value for the
> patient, below which the abnormalities could be clinically ignored
Yes

a) set clinical target range to "< 400" and
b) set is_clinically_relevant to False on those results

> (even though they are clinically relevant or significant).
Or rather they are not. They are abnormal as in pathological
in reference to the standard persons reference group but
they are not clinically significant in this patient's
clinical context. This purpose is served by b) above.

> Some labs can indicate when test results have significantly changed from
> their last value(s).
I would expect this trend information to be carried in an
attached free-text note (note_test_org) ? If so, the tooltip
will show it.