Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrapping database problem

From: Florian Hubold
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrapping database problem
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:42:26 +0200

Karsten Hilbert schrieb:
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 09:55:51AM +0200, Florian Hubold wrote:

That would be my last question:
There is a patch in the gnumed-server package which disables interactively
runnning the bootstrapping script.
That patch is strange (but who am I to discuss with a
volunteer packager).

Just patch the main .conf file(s) to say

[installation]
interactive = no

that's what that option is for.
I don't know if that patch is strange, it was not written by me,
so i only questioned whether this is yet the right way to do this.
I'll drop the old one and patch the config file instead as you suggested.

But there is still the question asked:

   1) Dropping old baseline gnumed_v2 database if there is any.
   Signal an Server gesendet
   Datenbank »gnumed_v2« wird unwiderruflich gelöscht werden.
   Sind Sie sich sicher? (j/n) j
   dropdb: Löschen der Datenbank fehlgeschlagen: FEHLER:  Datenbank
   »gnumed_v2« existiert nicht

This is not good for rpm installs, they should never be interactive.
I have improved this behaviour for the next release (0.3).
It now only asks whether or not bootstrapping is really
wanted when the (latest - 1) database appears to exist.
Usually one would want to run the upgrade script in that
case.

Karsten
Sounds really good. I'll look for a clean way to integrate the upgrade
script during rpm package installation, but this has to be foolproof.
Will investigate and report back.