Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrapping database problem

From: Florian Hubold
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrapping database problem
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:44:26 +0200

Sebastian Hilbert schrieb:
On Mittwoch 16 Juli 2008, Florian Hubold wrote:
Karsten Hilbert schrieb:
On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 12:37:28PM +0200, Florian Hubold wrote:
I only overtook the gnumed-server package from Paul Grinberg, and
adapted it to mandriva. Again, those problem should then be in all
gnumed-server packages, as they are build upon the spec of Paul
Grinbergs package,
Well, that assumption - theoretically - is a bit fragile
because different distributions may have different default
access rights so what Paul did may or may not be sufficient
for other distributions. However, GNUmed operates under sane
basic assumptions such that, practically, it would be
expected to work with all distros.
As far as i checked, all the gnumed-server rpm packages are based on the
package from Paul Grinberg, so most of them should suffer from one problem
or the other. I've attached a diff against the latest gnumed-server
package i
could find, it's for Suse Factory, i think. My package is for mandriva,
so the differences to other distributions should be checked, also.

Why not have a call on the mailing list for testing the gnumed-server
packages?

Also attached the logs from the bootstrapping process which now
succeeds. Yay! 8-)

Hi Florian. thanks a bunch for your work. I did not catch that error because when I tested on OpenSUSE the package was installed on my system already.

I will go and fix that. The are packages for mandriva, fedora and opensuse in the buildservice. Which set of files should we keep for mandriva ?

Keep none, drop all and rebuild them. As far as i checked, all rpm packages,
be it for Susi 11 or Susi Factory, they all build on the same spec.
But beforehand it has to be checked, whether the packages work on the
the other distributions excluding mandriva. But also when they work,
the setup of postgresql (esp. pg_ident.conf) should be revised
and only the necessary entries should be kept, as discussed with carsten.
You can see from the diff on the last message, that from all the changes
to postgresql only one is really needed.