Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed manual

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: GNUmed manual
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:44:27 +0200

> - I will need to scale back a bit of my energy for other things hence
> need to choose wisely
reasonable

> - my highest priorities include maintaining whatever is current
> momentum, that means helping to keep information clear for the
> benefit of current participants and this means keeping wiki pointers
> and status information updated and (as admin) clearing out some spam
> that is being protected from entering gnumed-devel and gnumed-bugs
Valuable and much appreciated.

> - there is also my side-work to get Mirth working so GNUmed can
> import HL& labs from my region and I am hoping that the method and
> the Mirth channels that I am getting developed will at last assist
> others by being able to be used as a starting point
Haven't had time to look at the channels yet but them being in the Wiki
will enable me to do so even from Japan.

I think this is very useful work all in all.

> - when I have the chance I may put some forward-thinking thoughts
> together about what GNUmed faces... there is a tension between
> wanting to make it usable for more people but also the idea of
> sustainability and both involve some clearer picture of where and how
> we want to get

I am very interested in your thoughts on this issue. I have always
tried to put maintainability high on the priority list which has slowed
down release of features.

I do think that with more coders involved in coding (say, Jerzy) we will
be able to scale to the next level of users. Using a better tool for version
control will indeed help with that.

For improving release quality it would be helpful to recruit at least
one regular *tester* per platform.