Re: [Gnumed-devel] Pre-Release 0.5.rc5

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Pre-Release 0.5.rc5
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 23:20:04 -0700

The main point is the last bit of functionality that was
scheduled for 0.5: Managing measurement types. Please do
test that !

1. as the left column of measurements display will often obscure the names of the measurement types, can the column instead display the Abbrev values?

2. I find the label "Encyclopedia" ambiguous. How about "Reference..."

3. Within a multiple value cell (Kirk's C-reactive protein) I would find it much more natural to brain-parse (trend) the multiple values downward. This would have more meaning for me than to "mentally work them upward" and the downward direction would be assisted by the format of the presentation which puts first the time, so
        18:23 result
        19:47 result
would bring the user to the final value anyway. I notice the tooltip provides details on only one of the results... can it still be on the latest of the results?

4. What about this situation of more than one result in a cell, but only the most recent details get shown in the tooltip. What if there were comments from the lab on one of these other "earlier in the day" results? Perhaps in the dialog that opens upon a double-click on this cell, the display can include an extra column that would display such additional information?

5. When signing off a multi-result cell, the Comment field refuses to allow any input. Maybe this is more-complicated and would require editing individual lines within a cell which Editing is not yet enabled among the buttons?

6. can the Abbrev for the first two items be altered to "ht" and "wt"?

7. when you make that next script (to remove Kirk and his data) would it be in that script that you could remove the "Enterprise main lab" types?

8. in the "Editing measurement type" field,
-- the Clear button is nonfunctional
-- is there an inadvertent (unlabeled) extra field to the right of where the LOINC code can be inserted?

PNG image