[Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: 0.5 release schedule

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: 0.5 release schedule
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 16:27:49 +0200

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 02:44:01PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
> I surmise Sebastian had cloned [3] from yet another page [5]. However I
> have now updated both [4] and [5]

But can you then drop http://www.gnumed.de/download/ completely?
It is not good to have advertising very prominently

  Latest Version: 0.4.5  May 18, 2009

in a shiny headline and later in the text saying:

  The latest release of GNUmed is version 0.4.6 released on June 18, 2009.

This just sucks.

> making either suitable for uscan.
> Maybe though I broke your parsing (sorry) so please advise if you need
> some syntax restored.

Well, the syntax ist simple: uscan is browsing the page for a string
matching

    http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/[\d\.]+/GNUmed-client\.([\d\.]+)\.tgz

for the client (and similarly for the server and tries to detect the
highest version of this.  Thus it can not yet work with the current
page which is not linking to any tarball.  I understand you motivation
not to mention any specific version of a tarball and instead linking
to the ftp server directory because it reduces maintenance of the
page which is always up to date that way.  But it can not be used
as uscan input this way.

> Alternatively if Karsten and Sebastian are happy
> with my tweaks, these pages may be stable in their current format going
> forward and simply being updated as appropriate.
>
> [5] http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/InstallerGuideHomeShort

This page contains links to the tarball and I can use it as input
for uscan.  Thanks for the update.  If you make sure that it is
always in sync with the currently released tarball this would be
of great help.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--