Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Updated server packages

From: Christian A. Reiter
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Updated server packages
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 23:43:58 +0200

> But changing ph_hba.conf from GNUmed's postinst is
> just forbidden.

Oh, yes, I didn't think of that, this is ok.

> > > or by just telling the user that he should do this if run
> > > as other user.
> >
> > A good suggestion. I will add some code to the bootstrapper
> > which warns about the line missing in pg_hba.conf.
>
> I'd consider this as a very sane compromise which comes quite cheap.

I saw the line you wrote - It's good, but not perfect :-)
Just the line is again not enough, it has to be on the right place as well.
Honestly, what I would do is write something like:

"The postgresql server finally has to be configured to run with Gnumed, please
look at http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/ConfigurePostgreSQL to see how."

aut idem ;-)

Then you have as well the flexibility to change things on the Homepage or give
additional hints...

cheers,
Christian