Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Translations, Polish

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Translations, Polish
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 20:48:19 -0800

On 2009-11-03, at 8:23 PM, Jerzy Luszawski wrote:

As far as I understand, an encounter is not only a consultation, but also any
lab test, x-ray, data import, etc. - correct?
So, the best Polish translation that came to my mind is "zdarzenie", which
translated back means "event". How do you like it?

"Event" is pretty good except it gives the possibility of being "remote" and without any touching of the EMR system.

The English word "encounter" has the additional sense of "meeting" or "running into" or "contact event" (or interaction although there exists also drug interactions),

I have a Polish doctor friend in Canada that I can also ask