Re: [Gnumed-devel] Menu shortcut key

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Menu shortcut key
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 18:33:48 -0800

On 2010-02-05, at 12:42 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 11:52:34PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:
>> 1. Can EMR > View encounter list be made to have "V" an active letter?
> Done (HEAD).

Great. I also apologize if any of what I request below is a reversal however
now that I can reliably run GNUmed in Debian/Ubuntu I am much better able to
see what it is like to use than was possible when I previously suggested menu
fine-tuning.

Can I request that, under the EMR menu,

1) to rename
        "Show archived documents"
        "Documents review" (with D as active letter)

... my reasoning being:
- D is the first letter of the plugin name
- active letter "D" will be more natural than the current "S"
- english "Documents" translates "D..." in several other languages

2) change
        "View encounter list"
        "Encounters list view" (with E as active letter)

changing also the resulting window label could be changed form

        "Showing encounters …"
        "Encounters…"

and also within that window suggest remove the word "relevant" because this
word is in other places used to filter out based on a judgement of "importance"
whereas I think the list we are talking about above is not filtered but is
instead a complete listing.

3) change the progress note editor

Presently the menu lists only the old progress not editor as "Progress notes
editor". I suggest at minimum to add the newer (more capable) Notes editor. I
suspect it is intended to be able to auto-appear (to automatically be appended)
to the EMR menu so maybe this is a bug.

I suggest its menu name be "Notes" with active letter key "N"

4) the EMR > Show as … menu

This presently lists three options, one of which is an early version of a
Summary that seems now obsoleted by what is provided in the "EMR tree" right
pane, and the other two options are the EMR tree plugin which is already now a
bit redundant to the first option, and lastly the "Chronological journal"

So I would suggest to simplify this menu by removing the "Show as..." submenu
and discard the Summary and simply let the "EMR tree" and "EMR journal" to
auto-append to the EMR menu.

I would suggest
        "EMR tree" (active letter "t")
        "EMR journal" (active letter "j")