Re: [Gnumed-devel] Menu shortcut key

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Menu shortcut key
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 15:19:02 +0100

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 11:52:34PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> 2. Do not be annoyed that I would ask something else again
> as I only do so in case some new knowledge became available
> as to the ability to control the size and locations of
> windows opened

No such new knowledge is available.

>       EMR > View encounter list
>
> because it opens only about 530 by 530 pixels

530 by 500 to be exact.

> even when
> the main GNUmed client window had been manually reset wider,
> and then GNUmed was exited and then reopened which did
> automatically become wide

Because we handle *that one case* explicitely, with
dedicated code

>       Showing encounters
>
> window remains limited in its size.

There is no code to handle that.

> This is true despite that four of the five columns do not
> show the full width of what is contained within the entries
> (and another two columns are not even in view).

There is no auto-resize parent code.

However, for 0.7 I have slightly changed the generic list
handling code such that the default column widths policy

        if there's no explicit policy and there's any rows in
        the list set the columns to the widths of the wides item
        each

will apply way more often than before.

> The height is fine, it is the width that would be nice to be
> made wider.

I set it to 640 which is the width of a 640 x 480 display.

> Even if one manually resizes it, then closes it,
> this is not remembered even inside the same client session.

Because there is no code to do that.

> Also, what is the meaning of the column "Empty"

There is no actual data attached to that encounter thus the
encounter is "empty". Better labels are welcome.