Re: [Gnumed-devel] Menu shortcut key

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Menu shortcut key
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 14:29:04 -0800

On 2010-02-06, at 6:34 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> 4) the EMR > Show as … menu
>>
>> This presently lists three options, one of which is an
>> early version of a Summary that seems now obsoleted by what
>> is provided in the "EMR tree" right pane, and the other two
>> options are the EMR tree plugin which is already now a bit
>> redundant to the first option, and lastly the "Chronological
>> journal"
>>
>> So I would suggest to simplify this menu by removing the "Show as..."
>> submenu
>
> How does this hurt ?

It just buries more deeply what would otherwise be speedily-accessible keyboard
shortcuts

>> and discard the Summary
>
> We've discussed this before. I don't remember why but I do
> remember that I didn't agree with removing that.

Actually, I do remember (see below, it was under subject "Re: Client menu
suggestions was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Release 0.5.rc2") that you had agreed. So
you must have either said "Done" prematurely, or you must have changed your
mind and reversed the action except I do not remember the reversal being
discussed. I struggle to understand what it adds.