The Future was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Texlive and Gnumed

From: Jim Busser
Subject: The Future was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Texlive and Gnumed
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 11:16:03 -0800

On 2010-03-08, at 11:07 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> I also predict that desktop apps will become obsolete in the eyes of most
> doctors and users. Doctors will be happy with every webapp you throw at them
> as long it is free and will allow billing.

I know what you mean, I am only not sure about the certainty.

What I think will keep desktop apps alive is:

- limited or unreliable bandwidth that causes any noticeable delay (slowness)
to doing work
- limitations to what the browsers can provide by way of user actions

but maybe only until the above are made smaller differences

-- Jim