Re: [Gnumed-devel] Billing/invoicing for GNUmed

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Billing/invoicing for GNUmed
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 14:10:56 +0200

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 01:48:53PM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> The following workflow has been documented and is therefore ready for someone
> to implement
>
> let GNUmed search for a client in the ledger application
> if it exists open a browser and jump to invoice creation page
> if it does not exist create it in the datbase and open invoice creation page
> if multiple matches for client search term exist open browser and let user
> select the one
>
> let GNUmed open a browser and jump to the "unpaid invoices page"
>
> All info is at
> http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/BillingLxOffice
>
> Now it is only a question of implementing this. IOW someone has to code it.
> Most of this is pure python. That means apart from creating a few menu
> entries
> in GNUmed there is not too much GNUmed code involved. If you are going to
> attempt this and need help with e.g. getting the current patient in GNUmed
> just yell and let us know.

The documentation you gathered is most excellent and makes
implementing some sort of billing almost painfully approachable.

However, I am quite busy with clinical features for at least
another 6 months so I won't get around to implementing it
anytime soon, unfortunately.

> All the nifty details like clean code, documentation etc. can be worked on
> after a first implementation.

Sure. Whoever picks this up can always ask for some review, too.