Re: [Gnumed-devel] Success again using MacPorts

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Success again using MacPorts
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:34:27 +0200

Am Donnerstag 17 Juni 2010, 19:15:30 schrieb Jim Busser:
> On 2010-06-17, at 3:05 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > That requires the installation of postgresql as in an earlier post. I
> > recommend the version from enterprisedb for the moment.
>
> Ordinarily, when installing MacPorts I would figure to install
>
>       sudo port -d install py26-psycopg2 +postgresql84
>
> which would include the MacPorts port of postgresql84
>
> So I am just wondering whether you think I should first install the
> enterprise version, or will macPorts not care about and ignore the
> enterprise version?

The two versions ignore each other unless they are both running :-)
The benefit of the enterprisedb version is that is ships a bunch of gui tools
for starting, stoping and lets you set a password for postgres during
installation.

If you get into a situation where you have to uninstall that version let me
know as I have special instructions for that.

Once you attempt bootstraping you will run into a problem.
all *.conf files need to be modified slightly

the # in front of #password in the section for the postgres password needs to
be removed or it will not ask for the postgres password.

But as always the log will tell us.

If you are a purist you can use the one from macports. I don't :-)

In case you missed that. For the time being you can test a master branch
against the public database as there is now a v14 at salaam.

Sebastian