Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface - pyjamas

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface - pyjamas
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 19:02:51 +0200

Am Samstag 10 Juli 2010, 18:33:14 schrieb lkcl:
> lkcl wrote:
> > *sigh* let me take a look.  i'll poke around, see what's easy, and at
> > least get things started.
>
> ok i see you have a CherryPy example already, which is good!  i will just
> add JSONRPC to that.
>
> http://pyjs.org/wiki/pyjamaswithcherrypyjsonrpc/
>
> eeuuuw!  i never actually looked at this wiki submission before :)  it's
> pretty gruesome, compared to what's been done for django, but never mind:
> you can see at the very end there's actual service (echo, reverse etc.).
>
> ah.  am having enormous difficulty getting this set up.  been fighting for
> an hour with postgres.  am getting stupid "no staff record for database
> account CURRENT_USER" exceptions, the works.

You are trying what right now ?

> how do i get a simple simple SIMPLE login started, i do not care in the
> slightest _remote_ bit what user it is, what role it is, who they are, what
> they do, i just want ONE successful login.

if you supply any-doc as user and any-doc as password you should be all set.

Are you trying to connect to a local database or the public database ?

The easiest would probably be for you to do as root

apt-get install gnumed-server  (from Debian testing)
gm-bootstrap_latest.sh

The modify pg_hba.conf to set everything to trust and no password should get
in your way.

My recommendation:
install gnumed-client and gnumed-server via apt-get
grab client 0.7.6 tarball and work in there
http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/0.7/gnumed-client.0.7.6.tgz

You can run the tarball directly (there is a script call gm-from-vcs.sh)

call this script with the parameter --ui=web to start the cherrypy version

I will do this now to supply a simple login method

> i do not care if there are
> passwords, users, roles - not even if the postgresql database is completely
> insecure: i want access, not security.

setting all to trust in pg_hba.conf should get you going.

Let me know what sources you are working with so I can reproduce this

Sebastian