Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface - pyjamas

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed web interface - pyjamas
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:18:48 +0200

Am Sonntag 11 Juli 2010, 20:15:16 schrieb lkcl:
> Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> >> ah.  am having enormous difficulty getting this set up.  been fighting
> >> for
> >> an hour with postgres.  am getting stupid "no staff record for database
> >> account CURRENT_USER" exceptions, the works.
> >
> > You are trying what right now ?
>
> sorry - details: i got git repo for later but did an apt-get install
> gnumed-client and gnumed-server on debian/testing: database is v13.  ran
> the gm-boostrap-server command.  then tried setting up user accounts on my
> postgresql system, and it just all went pear-shaped.  found test-doc,
> nope. tried gmadm, nope.  tried gm-dbo, nope.  etc. etc.

When doing further work on this please don't forget that git/master needs a
v14 database

you can get one by running

upgrade_db.sh 13 14

For the proof of concept I recommend you look at the 0-7-patches branch I
talked about earlier.

When you try to use the git(master) / v14 combination you might get in a
situation where it complains about an incorrect database version.

> > if you supply any-doc as user and any-doc as password you should be all
> > set.
>
>   GREAT.  done.  sorted.  that was it.

It's all in the FAQ :-)

> Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > call this script with the parameter --ui=web to start the cherrypy
> > version
>
>  ok.  i'll get to that pretty soon, now that i've got a login i can test
> with.
>
>  i have the latest git too remember, just haven't fired it up yet.

still recommend 0-7-patches unless you are interested in some potential not-
yet-realeased-code problems :-)

Sebastian