Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Kirk's penicillin allergy

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Kirk's penicillin allergy
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 16:25:09 -0700

On 2010-07-11, at 4:13 PM, Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:

> Seems complex to expect for clinicians to find the correct drug ID ... at
> least in my part of the world these ID´s are far from widely known.

I agree... although if provided a tree in context, most doctors faced with a
patient who had cough with ramipril (ACE inhibitor) might accept the
opportunity to multiple-select

x       C09A ACE INHIBITORS, PLAIN
x       C09B ACE INHIBITORS, COMBINATIONS
        C09C ANGIOTENSIN II ANTAGONISTS, PLAIN
        C09D ANGIOTENSIN II ANTAGONISTS, COMBINATIONS
        C09X OTHER AGENTS ACTING ON THE RENIN-ANGIOTENSIN SYSTEM

however this is maybe best built outside any one EMR. It would be intelligence
as offered *to* the EMR following a call-out *from* the EMR to intelligent
software (FreeDiams)?

Maybe even something that FreeDIams 0.7+ --- especially if FD achieved a
community of users building templates --- might be able to store as pre-built
intelligence (... ??)

-- Jim