Re: [Gnumed-devel] Open Source Health Informatics, London, 30th Sep 2010

From: Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Open Source Health Informatics, London, 30th Sep 2010
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 22:37:12 +0100

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 10:23 PM, Jim Busser <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2010-08-13, at 1:59 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
>> is it the intention to have lab requests "initiated" by gnumed,
>
> *able* to be initiated, yes
>
> I think that in Germany the clinician or helper would input
>
>        clin.lab_request.request_id
>
> based on bar coded labels provided by the path lab... I do not know how truly
> Germany achieves for these to be unique.

 uhn?  err... ah.  rrright.  then what's clin.lab_request_id for??

 hmmm, i think i might have this the wrong way round, perhaps.  or,
somebody has.

 it sounds to me like clin.request_id should be matching up with ORC
004, and clin.lab_request_id should be matching up with ORC 003.

 problem with that is that clin.request_id has to be non-NULL.

 perhaps it's the other way round (which seems counter-intuitive from
the naming) but there you go.  perhaps the bar coded label value
should be going into clin.lab_request_id such that it comes back in
ORC 004?

 somebody clarify, pleaase :)

 l.