Re: [Gnumed-devel] Open Source Health Informatics, London, 30th Sep 2010

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Open Source Health Informatics, London, 30th Sep 2010
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:52:31 -0700

On 2010-08-13, at 2:37 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> uhn?  err... ah.  rrright.  then what's clin.lab_request_id for??
>
> hmmm, i think i might have this the wrong way round, perhaps.  or,
> somebody has.

I lost sight there GNUmed has two distinct fields in that table, supporting two
different values as you pointed out.

request_id can be purely "owned" by GNUmed and returned by whichever path labs
will handle it.

lab_request_id is perhaps what is on the German labels and perhaps allows the
clinician at the point of blood/urine-taking to know what the path lab's
"internal id" is going to be. This maybe achieves to gain the exact same value
(if Germany would adopt HL7) in ORC 002.

Way to go, Germany!

-- Jim