Re: [Gnumed-devel] Open Source Health Informatics, London, 30th Sep 2010

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Open Source Health Informatics, London, 30th Sep 2010
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 13:29:02 -0700

On 2010-08-15, at 12:21 PM, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> ... remind me... why is gnumed adding HL7 data importing, or any data
> importing at all, if the suppliers can't be bothered to put themselves
> in order?

IMO it remains useful to have some (mostly) agreed to definition of how
messages are structured...

The *content* of these messages, and whether and how such messages are created
and made available, is distinct and important but the above part (the HL7)
remains arguably useful!

It is better to have a starting point, than to have no starting point at all.

-- Jim