Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-bugs] xDT import problems

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [Gnumed-bugs] xDT import problems
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 08:07:09 -0800

On 2010-11-17, at 1:26 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> There is no last-used path. Person > Load external looks at whatever paths
> are defined in the external data source profiles and nothing else.

Now we are getting somewhere :-)

BTW what I ask, I ask despite having checked the wiki for what I can find...

1) I believed you said that xDT had nothing to do with "Loading external".

--> Maybe the xDT *plugin* has nothing to do with "Load external"
--> whereas maybe the *filenames* in the .conf file ARE relevant to "Load
external"?

2) In the .conf files, there exists uncommented

filename = patient.xdt
filename = /home/ncq/gnumed/tmp/terminiko2gnumed.xdt
filename = C:\Turbomed\patient.xdt
filename = ~/gnumed/xDT/PATIENTS.IN
filename = ../data/other/CA-MSVA.txt.test

so...

- among the various .xdt files, while the encoding and DOB format may be
different, the fields and field order are consistent?
- "Load external" otherwise parses differentially (by different source) because
the data construction is, in at least some cases, different?

and, in the default case,

- *all*  will be seen and parsed by "Load external" or does load external
remember only the last one in the list above? I am mindful that on the wiki it
says

        http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/ExternalPatientImport

        Supports:
        • multiple source file copies i.e. one on the legacy server machine
                and one on the legacy client machine

3) when in the git tree GUI, I presently select "Load external"

- despite that there exists no ~/gnumed/xDT/PATIENTS.IN
        --> GNUmed does not complain

.. it complains (if I would rename the default CA-MSVA.txt.test to something
else) that

        Cannot load patient from Medical Manager MSVA file
        [.. data/other/CA-MSVA.txt.test]
        Please consult...

-- Jim