Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accountin

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accounting
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 08:32:12 +0200

Am Freitag, 20. Mai 2011, 00:09:12 schrieb richard terry:
> On Friday 20 May 2011 06:38:52 Jim Busser wrote:

Hi Richard,

In addition to a post further down where I pick up your argument here is some
more input.

> My 2c worth is that Billing needs to be incorporated in any genuine medical
> record and not rely on external linking.

This largely depends on the definition. Clever linking would be no different
then incorporating. It all depends on how close the EMR can be linked to the
ERP

> At least in Australia, and I
> suspect many other countries, you will get no takeup at all without that.

That is no argument in itself. What is the reason for that. What exactly is
meant by incorporated.

Re the uptake argument. This is along the line that uptake depends on billing
:-)
That is indeed true but only if the primary reason for the "EMR" is billing
:-) I have stoped to worry about this.

> Here for example it needs to be integrated with on-line claiming.

See the other post. Claming is the step after preparing the claim.

GNUmed <-> LSMB <-> claims mangler <-> online claiming.

> At least in most western countries they are inseperably linked,

I disagree. It just looks like it and doctors are used to it. That does not
mean it has to be this way.

> not only
> just because the staff need to know what is done,

Again. This depends on the linking part. I am talking two way linking.

> but because the clinical
> record may need to troll the item numbers pertinent to say chronic disease
> management.

Huh ? chronic disease management beased on billing ? chronic disease
management should be done with code (e.g. ICD9/10) and a decision support
system such as pyclips.

> Not sure where gnuMed stands on appointments as well.

You can enter appointments in any software that supports the vcal format and
have it appear in GNUmed.

Currently tested are Google calendar and KDE kalendar. It bet even outlook
could be used.

Re uptake #2.In the last two days alone I had 3 people from India contacting
me for the EMR protion of GNUmed. I am not worried at all re uptake and if
Germany and Australia have insane prerequisites before anyone looks at GNUmed
so be it.

Sebastian