Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accountin

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accounting
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 12:16:42 +0200

> When we are modelling tables
>
>       bill.billable_item
>
> - is the prepended "bill" in each case a database, and
> - must any one database be "owned" (with its permissions a property of)
> only one schema

The "bill." part refers to the "bill" schema inside the GNUmed
database.

>       bill.billable_item              <--- in LSMB

This would live in GNUmed.

> *************************
>
> Second, on the proposal for GNUmed to keep a copy of some reference data
> grabbed from LSMB "billable items", what is the extent of duplicating the
> data structure an data itself?

As much as is needed for the doctor to make a well-informed selection
of items from bill.billable_item to become rows in bill.billed_items.

> say
>
>       billable item shortname (Cons)
>
> and even more… rules that concern limits, or discounts, or additional
> needed data
>
>       max in year (6)
>
>       discount if this is a 2nd/3rd… service at same visit (50%)
>
>       billable item needs diagnostic code {CA:ICD9, BR:ICD10,DK:SNOMED)

All this could be formatted into the bill.billable_item.comment
field such that the doctor may see it when selecting.

> I am thinking that in the EMR, the billed_item might better contain *only*
> minimal data of the sort LSMB may require with the further addition of
> only
>
>       - a few fields for sane administration (link to encounter; status; date
> uploaded)
>       - possibly a comment_formatted field

Yes. Except that I would split this into .comment and .additional_data
fields.