Re: [Gnumed-devel] organizations

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] organizations
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 10:18:44 +0200

On Mon, Aug 08, 2011 at 04:27:26PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> > There will be a phrasewheel for searching orgs, of course.
>
> For some lists of things that only infrequently be
> changed, it is manageable to separate the lookup / viewing
> and selection from among existing values separately from
> their management (over in an entirely different menu
>
>       GNUmed > Master data > Manage lists
>
> but it can be much easier to have an arrangement where --
> if you find that a value does not exist -- you can access
> within the same dialog the ability to create it.

Sure, which is why, for example, a [Manage] (addresses)
button is available within the org management panel.

Likewise a [Manage] (orgs) button is likely to be made
available within windows/widgets/plugins that lets one
select an org.

> Also, I noticed that in what you are developing it seems
> there is already interaction between the parts of the dialog
> (click on a parent "Org" and its component "Org units"
> become auto-highlighted…

Auto-shown, not high-lighted. When no org is selected no
unit is shown either.

> or is it the other way around…
> click on an "Org unit" and its parent becomes highlighted?

No.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de