Re: [Gnumed-devel] organizations

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] organizations
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 12:11:43 +0200

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 02:12:18AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> When you create an organization:
>
> - you do cannot assign the organization to an address

That is by design.

> - to assign an address, you must first create (at least)
> one branch or (at least) a 'fake' branch

That is by design. It is not a fake branch, it is the (only)
branch (= instance of the class "org").

> The screen offers what looks like an input area for an
> address. When you input such an address, you might think you
> could save it with the Save button

You can, if you select an existing address.

I modified the [Save] button handler to refuse saving if

        - no address was selected
        - but the searcher is not empty (meaning to unlink any address)

> The tooltip over the Address field should be changed from
>
>       Select an address for this organizational unit

Which quite obviously does not talk about entering a new
address but the sublety of Select may be lost on the user ?

>       Search for matches among existing addresses and Save a selection, or
> Add a new address.

Done.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de