Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 14:48:24 -0700

On 2011-09-05, at 2:06 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Which (database) user did you create that table as ?  I
> would hazard a guess it wasn't gm-dbo ;-)

Ah, ok, despite that I had logged into psql (database gnumed_v16) as gm-dbo,
temporary tables are in this cluster seemingly created under schema pg_temp4
owned by postgres, as informs the psql command

        \dn+

(partial output below) -- so despite my having created the table while
logged-in as gm-dbo -- I can now understand why a separate login (even as
gm-dbo) would be unable to access it.

This underscores your well-taken suggestion about doing work in schema staging.
and not creating tables that default into temporary space.

BTW since I see in 'clin' the listing gm-staff does this mean we can let staff
access this in the gnumed client (when they may need such access to help get
the work done)?

-- Jim

-----------------------------------
gnumed_v16=> \dn+

yields …
                                                      List of schemas
        Name        |  Owner   |    Access privileges    |
     Description
--------------------+----------+-------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------------
 au                 | gm-dbo   | "gm-dbo"=UC/"gm-dbo"    |
                               : "gm-doctors"=U/"gm-dbo"
 audit              | gm-dbo   | "gm-dbo"=UC/"gm-dbo"    |
                               : "gm-doctors"=U/"gm-dbo"

 clin               | gm-dbo   | "gm-dbo"=UC/"gm-dbo"    |
                               : "gm-doctors"=U/"gm-dbo"
                               : "gm-staff"=U/"gm-dbo"
 dem                | gm-dbo   | "gm-dbo"=UC/"gm-dbo"    |
                               : "gm-doctors"=U/"gm-dbo"
                               : "gm-staff"=U/"gm-dbo"
 gm                 | gm-dbo   | "gm-dbo"=UC/"gm-dbo"    |
                               : "gm-doctors"=U/"gm-dbo"
                               : "gm-staff"=U/"gm-dbo"
 i18n               | gm-dbo   | "gm-dbo"=UC/"gm-dbo"    |
                               : "gm-public"=U/"gm-dbo"
 information_schema | postgres | postgres=UC/postgres    |
                               : =U/postgres
 pg_catalog         | postgres | postgres=UC/postgres    | system catalog schema
                               : =U/postgres
 pg_temp_4          | postgres |                         |
 public             | postgres | postgres=UC/postgres    | standard public
schema
                               : =UC/postgres
 ref                | gm-dbo   | "gm-dbo"=UC/"gm-dbo"    | This schema holds
data that is "reference material" which comes
                               : "gm-doctors"=U/"gm-dbo" :
pre-installed with a GNUmed database. Examples are:
                               : "gm-staff"=U/"gm-dbo"   :          - document
types
                                                         :          - ICD codes
                                                         :          - form
templates
 staging            | gm-dbo   | "gm-dbo"=UC/"gm-dbo"    | A schema used for
staging data imports.
                               : "gm-doctors"=U/"gm-dbo"

-- Jim