Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 02:31:50 -0700

On 2011-09-05, at 1:51 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> - you may need to investigate "\copy" (which
>  client/pycommon/gmPsql.py only partially and non-testedly
>  implements)

Works under psql.

Presumably I could test it once the data packs are online.

> over using the SQL level "copy" command (which
>  has certain conceptual limitations in that data files need
>  to live on the machine the copy is actually run on rather
>  than from where it is invoked - although no matter in local
>  installs)

Whichever GNUmed admin user who would be running GNUmed and selecting the menu

        Install data pack

in any multiuser praxis would be unlikely to be using the actual server
machine. We may be accustomed to local being ok on account of some developers
using GNUmed clinically on laptops as standalone machines with no other users
connecting.

> - I am somewhat unsure about the meaning of ".exit" at the last-but-one line

This was a precaution which I had used with SQlite in case I had wanted to
retain any obsoleted code an the bottom of a script. Does Postgres accept this
(or other) method of signalling to stop processing the file?

-- Jim