Re: [Gnumed-devel] Post 1.1 wishlist - filtering SOAP in the EMR tree >

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Post 1.1 wishlist - filtering SOAP in the EMR tree > Journal view
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 00:31:39 +0000

Presently, when we output clinical narrative to (say) Latex, the placeholders
make it possible to filter and preserve any combination of

        <space> <--- for administrative

and we already did think that the ability to filter within the EMR itself would
be desirable.

We know that the GUI can be responsive to a click, so it may be desirable when
first activating any patient's EMR tree (for example when changing between
patients) to default provide, in the Journal view, all of {SOAP }

See screenshot where I have added a blue rectangle with 'SOAP_'

My question is whether it is agreed useful, and whether it would be feasible,
to implement such a control with these questions:

1) can the output of Journal live-filter adjust itself to match the content of
SOAP box, or would the user need to adjust the value and then click a button
like Update

2) what does this help?

(a) within any one problem to focus on 'O' (what was found so far) over time,
which benefits from filtering out the other entries

(b) for 'P' (plan) to help remind ourselves of the things that were intended to
be done, but which may have been missed or not yet done

3) this argument can be extended across problems. Presently the Journal will
show only for one health issue (problem) or one episode within Unattributed.
However it is important, in the case of both O and P, to be able to search
across and that is why I think that when the EMR is selected, it should be
enabled to show in the right pane the 'Journal' for whichever problems are
contained on the left side (even if hidden under rectangles) and also be
responsive to this filter.

-- Jim