Re: [Gnumed-devel] Workaround for prescriptions

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Workaround for prescriptions
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 22:58:01 +0200

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 06:01:29PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> So here is my next question… can a selection of items in
> the Medication plugin be processed in some way as to be able
> to provide a line return delimited text string concatenating
>
> -- if the brand is non-null
>
> <Brand> '(' <Substance> ')' <Strength> 'Sig' <Schedule> 'Mitte' <Duration /
> Until>
>
> -- otherwise
>
> <Substance> <Strength> 'Sig' <Schedule> 'Mitte' <Duration / Until>
>
> and returning this to the user either via clipboard or
> popping open a window with the text auto-selected for
> copying?

It now almost can.

This got me thinking and I have added a form template engine
"text" which works like this:

The template in the database is a .conf/INI file. That file
contains a group [form] under which there's an option
"template" which in turn contains the *actual* template. The
file also contains the options "editor" and "post processor"
which hold command lines for calling each (an argument %s
will be replaced by the template file name having been
created from the "template" option).

That way people can achieve nearly any formatting they wish
of any combination of data GNUmed allows being exported by
placeholders. Beyond that it is pretty much raw SQL which
would need to be run.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de