Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some issues - grouping of display, profiles etc

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Some issues - grouping of display, profiles etc
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 20:39:36 +0200

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 02:38:04AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> One example that we did not yet consider is that we sometimes order (request)
> one thing,

We did consider that but decided to not be in the CPOE
business and thusly ...

> like a
>
>       Complete blood count
>
> and what we receive back is
>
>       White blood cell count (WBC)
>       • Neutrophil granulocytes
>       • Lymphocytes
>       • Monocytes
>       • Eosinophil granulocytes
>       • Basophil granulocytes
>       Hemoglobin (Hb)
>       Red blood cell count (RBC)
>       Mean cell volume (MCV)
>       Mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC)
>       Red blood cell distribution width (RDW)
>       Platelet count (PLT)
>       Mean platelet volume (MPV)
>
> creating some argument behind to dedicate one GNUmed concept to how the labs
> choose to label and group their tests within lab domains
>
>       Chemistry
>       Hematology
>       Immunology
>       Microbiology
>       Virology

... not take heed of that with regards to display in GNUmed
(unless the user employs panels to recreate the lab
grouping, which an importer might automatically do if the
information is avaliable in the incoming data file, which
holds true in many cases for HL7).

The lab side grouping is available within the original
reports, at any rate, which a responsible importer may
consider to import as documents.

> which can maybe govern "normal display of all tests"

Different labs will group differently which renders this
idea impossible.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de