[Gnumed-devel] upgrade to 1.4

From: Vaibhav Banait
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] upgrade to 1.4
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 22:44:55 +0530

Though eager,  I am equally reluctant and anxious about upgrading to gnumed 1.4. My previous experiences were not good (if not bad) about the upgrade procedure and I had suffered data loss during the procedure. This may be related to my inexperience with the procedure.
Would you be kind enough to describe the procedure of upgradation which would safeguard me from dataloss. I would in particular would like to know

1. How can I confirm that adequate back up has been done and the backup restores successfully without resultant errors. Previously restore had failed to restore the system qwithout encountering errors.

2. What additional component I need to take care while upgrading (templates, placeholders)

3. If psql version is being upgraded, do I need to remove the older version?

4. What passwords I am expected to know during upgrade procedure?

Regards

Vaibhav S Banait
MD (Med), DNB (Med),
DM (Gastroenterology),