Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed HL7 import
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:04:44 +0200

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 03:04:01AM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> I really really want to contribute to this.
>
> But one of my limitations to be throwing HL7 at it (even
> just locally) is that my data broker will not provide
> anything more than a few tests cases until the requesting
> clinicians can provide screenshots of the test data which
> they had supplied, imported within the EMR.

WTF ?

What the heck do they think they are going to do with those
screenshots ?  What if you don't even *have* screenshots
because all you want is archive HL7 for later use ??

What sort of authority do they have (or think they are
exercising, short of Law of the Jungle) ?

What if you provide screenshots of Word documents showing the
HL7 data ?

They will refuse to provide YOUR (or rather your patient's)
data unless you submit to their terms ?

What if the patient requests such ?

(I am not talking about potential compensation for providing
data in a requested format.)

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de